Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Shopaholic? I Think Not

John made a bet with me last night that I couldn't go without shopping until the end of the month. That is exactly 19 days. If I can hold off, I get a 1 hour massage from him (btw- he gives the BEST rubs) & if I cave & go shopping, he gets the 1 hour massage.
This is Day 1. Today during my lunch break I went to the consignment store to drop some clothes off. Oh my. There was a really cute Free People sweater staring me in the face. I looked away.... dumped the clothes on the counter & grabbed my check for $180.oo for clothes that I sold in the last few weeks & got the hell outta there!!! Next, I stopped at Anthropologie to return some clothes. While standing in line waiting my turn I stood behind a lady checking out that had hit the sales rack. I heard the sales associate ringing her up say "wow! I can't believe these are all marked down to $9.95." OH MY GOD. Earmuffs! Earmuffs! Finally it was my turn & the lady returned my items & I got $90.00 credited back to my credit card. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. But look at that, my first day & I was in my favorite store of all time & I walked out of there with money in my pocket. Annnnnnd...if I am correct..... I ended up with $270 to my name instead of spending money!!!! Booya Johnny Boy!

No comments: