Monday, December 21, 2009

My Martha Stewart Project

So I saw in one of my old Martha Stewart magazines how she had decorated the outside of her house on Turkey Hill with garland & holly so I thought I'd give it a try. I went to Home Depot & got a bunch of their Christmas tree branch scraps (when they sell their trees they will cut off the bottom branches & put them in a big wooden box for anyone to take for free). John hauled all the branches inside & I got to work. Somebody please remind me next year of how much work it took me to do this....well the finished product was not as good as Martha's and we couldn't figure out a way to hold the garland up around the door without putting a zillion nails in the doorframe so we opted to put the garland on the fireplace mantle. I think it looks pretty & dramatic- I love it!



Martha Jr at work


The finished product. Voila!

No comments: