Friday, September 18, 2009

Me Mart

To make extra money I take clothing, jewelry, shoes & bags to a local consignment store in Fairfield called Closet Space. I get most of my items from Goodwill or tag sales. My biggest money maker are designer jeans. I can get them at Goodwill anywhere from $2.50 to $10.00 (I rarely spend more than that, unless I find a great pair of 7's or True Religions than I might splurge & put them on Ebay. For instance, today on Ebay I just sold a pair of maternity Citizens for Humanity jeans for $30.00 that I got for $6.00, a pair of True Religion jeans for $19.00- they just sold for $43.50 and the last item I sold was a pair of new shoes from Anthro at Goodwill for $10.00- sold for $34.99). That's an easy $73.49 (minus a couple bucks for Ebay fees). And you know what the best part of listing things on Ebay is? I DO IT WHILE I AM AT WORK!!! ahahaha!!!! I can make a profit on jeans anywhere from $5 to $20 at the consignment store. I just went yesterday & dropped off 26 items- mostly jeans again and recieved a check for other items I had sold. I sold a whopping $443.75 worth of clothing in the last month and a half. That's pretty good, wouldn't you say? I got another check in July for $372.00. Since I love shopping at Goodwill anyway I think this is a great side business for me. It's like killing two birds with one stone! I get to shop AND I get money for doing it!
Who's smarter than me??????

No comments: