Thursday, July 30, 2009

It's A Sad Day At 79 Henry

On the edge of our front yard we have a massive tree that has housed a family of squirrels. I never knew squirrels liked fruit until this past Halloween they kept chewing on our carved pumkins that we had on the front porch & stealing the tops of the small carved pumpkins. So at the base of their tree I started putting out peanuts, apples, pears & peeled banana's whenever I had some extra's. They love them! Well I guess with the horrible storms & wind we've had over the past week their little house has fallen out of the tree and smashed all over the road. I pulled up & gasped when I realized the pile of twigs & leaves was their home. That's so sad...don't you think? I hope they decide to rebuild in the same spot. I miss my friends already.

Notice the little pumpkins on the top left with the missing tops. Those little whipper snappers stole them!!





Broken Home


See, they like their apples

No comments: