Tuesday, May 19, 2009

This is Grandma Steele at her finest!

Let me first give you a little background about Grandma Steele, just incase you don't know her....

  • She is Polish and calls everyone Dolink..sp?... (pronounced Doll Link)
  • She LOVES to smoke & will try to get anyone who visits her at the nursing home to take her outside so she can smoke
  • She is the Grandma who fell & broke her hip at my wedding reception
  • Her memory is going but she remembers certain people & older memories
  • She always remembers me but forgets who Robyn is (heeheehee)
  • She alway says "and your husband is John..right? oh he's so handsome"
  • She is very sweet (but gives attitude to the people at the nursing home)
  • She is a Yankee fan
  • She is diabetic but drinks Coke & eats desserts like they are going out of style

So the last time Robyn & I went to visit her at the nursing home she persuaded us to take her for a smoke & she told this story...which mind you, she repeats it every time I see her & every time Mom sees her- I can't tell you how many times I've heard this story. I love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we could always count on grandma for being called, "DAHLINK" alright!!! She also had certain stories/memories for all of us. Thanks for this, Amy! Love, Lisa