Monday, October 25, 2010

Newport Weekend

This past weekend John & I ventured to Newport, RI for Chris & Sarah's wedding (John's step brother). We decided to make a whole weekend out of it & Robyn, Kaelyn & Maddie graciously agreed to watch Marnie & the dogs for us at our house. How nice is that? So we left Friday afternoon and got to our apartment that we rented around 6:00pm. We lounged around for a bit & then headed out to dinner. After a relaxing dinner we made it back in time for John to watch some of the Yankee game (booooo). I crawled into bed around 10:00pm. And guess what. My sweet husband slept on the couch so that I could get some quality sleep. He's swell. Not quite the romantic evening I'm sure he had wanted but it allowed me to be well rested for the following day/night. So Saturday morning we went window shopping downtown...John even got his ornament for me for this Christmas (remember we always get/make each other one every year?). We met up with Mom N & Howard along the way & had a nice time strolling along with them through town. Then John & I headed over to the Cliff Walk and took a few pics. We were too lazy to walk very far but we did get a few cute pics. And that's all that counts really...right? Well in my book at least. Saturday evening was the wedding. Both Chris & Sarah looked amazing & just so happy. It was so sweet to see. All in all we had a great time away and came home to a smiling baby who was mauled with kisses & hugs from her aunt & cousins all weekend. What is better than that?
Out for drinks Friday night


'Liquid Sherbert'...mmmmm


John scored my Christmas ornament


Walking around town- photo op!




Scene at the Cliff Walk


I thought this was perfect for a weekend that entailed a wedding










Chris & Sarah walking down the aisle as Mr & Mrs Nelson!
Could they look any happier?


Lily and Howard


Cheers!


Matt & Lucy

Let the dancing begin!


Yes, Paula got her groove on


The other Mr & Mrs Nelson!




Bethe & John


Paula & Michael


This is my favorite pic of the night.
Yes Chris, you look handsome. Own it.






Somehow it's always about John..isn't it? ; )

No comments: